Saturday, October 22, 2011

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 3 - Yellow Nails


Who watches the Watchmen? I sure as heck do. That’s why my yellow day was inspired by the Comedian's pin. Here they are, take a gander!



Watchmen is my favorite movie of all time. That's why I just had to sneak something Watchmen related into the challenge.

A few years ago I worked at a movie theater near my house. They had screenings for their employees a few nights before some movies came out. I decided to go to the Watchmen screening even though the trailer made it look so corny. So I'm sitting there watching the opening scene and I'm laughing to myself because the fight scene between this intruder and some old pervert was just completely ridiculous. I didn't finally have my eyes glued to the screen until the credit scene after the initial opening scene. It was just brilliant in every way. That's the only way I can explain it. As I was watching the movie, it just kept getting better. This was pretty much the ultimate movie for me. I went home and told my boyfriend about it. The opening day I took him along to see it again. I saw it about 7 times in theaters (not including when I snuck in to watch on my lunch). All day, every day I would think about that movie. The more I thought about it, the more I loved it. I recommended it to so many people. By the way, you should see it.

Anyway, we must talk about this tutorial now. Prefer watching than reading?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-jW8ytFi68

Prefer Tumblr?
http://naileditnails.tumblr.com/post/11785049096/31-day-nail-art-challenge-day-3-yellow-nails

First I painted my nails yellow. I  don't recommend this color because it was a little too dark. You can't really notice but Watchmen is more of a bright yellow this was more mustardy.



Second I made a little happy face like so with my black paint.



Next I dipped my straw into my red paint bottle and made sure to cover the bottom of the straw in paint like as if there was a bubble closing off the end of the straw. After that I blew a quick bit of air through the straw to look like blood splatter. Finally I let dry and topped it off with a top coat. Note that some blood splatter may take a while to dry. Just pat the paint off to make it quicker. The splatter doesn’t have to be perfect.





The polishes I used were

Lightening by Sally Hansen Insta-dri
Monsooner Or Later by O.P.I
Black Onyx by O.P.I

Here they are now!



And here is my design a bit farther away.


Ta-da! Watchmen nails. I hope you like them as much as I do.

Tomorrow is green day! Hope you don't explode with anticipation. Dumb pun?

No comments:

Post a Comment