Wednesday, October 26, 2011

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 7 - Black and White Nails


Today I come to you with a very cute design. I have seen a lot of people do this mani but I think my design is my favorite version I have seen.



Penguins are my favorite animal so of coarse the first thing that came to me for black and white day was penguins.

Here's how I did it. If you prefer to watch my tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heXZOFhfrnE

If you prefer to read my Tumblr
http://naileditnails.tumblr.com/post/11975210520/31-day-nail-art-challenge-day-7-black-and-white

First I painted my nails black.



Next I made a large white half circle at the edge of my nail.



Then I took my dotting tool and made 2 white eyes above the circle.



After that I made a smaller black dots with my dotting tool inside both the white dots.



Then I whipped out my white yet again and made tini tiny white dots with a toothpick inside the black dots.



Next I made a yellow beak by making a small thick line between the eyes and the white belly.



Finally I took out my dotting tool again and made 2 yellow feet at the bottom of my nail, top coated and finished.



Here are the colors I used…

Black Onyx by O.P.I
Alpine Snow by O.P.I
250 Lightening by Sally Hansen Insta-dri

Here the are now!



And here is a pic from afar.



Hope you enjoyed today's mani!

Tomorrow Is Metallic! I don't have many polishes that would fit that description. :( This will be fun…

No comments:

Post a Comment