Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 6 - Violet Nails


Welcome Back! Today I am showing off my violet design. They are cupcakes! I could have don’t any color with these but I had nothing planned out for today so I thought "what the heck" and here they are!



The design is not my own creation 100%. I have seen many people do cupcakes on their nails, so I tried my hand at it since those suckers are my weakness.

The actual cupcake (I know it may be hard to distinguish the real one from my nails because I did so good) was from a cute little café in Folsom called Rockin' Cupcake Café. I have always passed by it and thought about going in but never had the time. Today I was in need of a cupcake but my kitchen is a mess so I couldn’t make some, so I finally stopped by. It's really a one of a kind place. So adorable. If you are not in the mood for a cupcake they have a load of other things on their menu to choose from like yummy milkshakes. The staff they have at the Rockin' Cupcake Café is also very nice. The girl who was working at the time was very helpful in picking out a pretty cupcake good enough for my main picture. If you are ever in the Folsom, California are I definitely recommend making a stop there.

Anyway these are the steps I took to make my nails today. If you prefer youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ36oEyDYw8

If you prefer Tumblr
http://naileditnails.tumblr.com/post/11911802678/31-day-nail-art-challenge-day-6-violet-nails

First I painted all my nails a dark purple.



Then I made a big white circle on the edge of my nail like this.



Next I carefully added some seer light purple on the top half of the circle. I also made it look like the icing was coming off the edge by making some little half circles along the edge of the icing line.



Next I took my pastel yellow and made vertical lines going into the middle to give the effect of the cupcake having a wrapper.



Then I made some blue sprinkles with a toothpick.



Pink sprinkles.



And green sprinkles.



Finally topped it off with a little red cherry on top by taking my dotting tool and stamping it at the top of the cupcake. After that I top coated and finished.



The colors I used were
It's An Original! by Finger Paints
Alpine Snow by O.P.I
Purple by California Nails (from Dollar Tree)
Lemon Fizz by China Glaze
Blue by California Nails (from Dollar Tree)
Pink by California Nails (from Dollar Tree)
Green by California Nails (from Dollar Tree)
Monsooner Or Later by O.P.I

Here they are.



Here is a pic of my nails from afar.



And that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Tomorrow is black and white day. What will I have in store for you tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment