Sunday, October 23, 2011

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 4 - Green Nails


Today was by far the hardest one I've done so far. I made a pixilated creeper from Minecraft! I could have done just a solid green one but of coarse it is challenge and what better way to improve my nail art skills than to push myself. So ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, my Minecraft creeper nails!



This represents me because I love to play Minecraft. I own my own server and it's loads of fun to log on and adventure with my friends. If anyone has Minecraft and wants to join my server, just let me know your username so I can whitelist you.

So onto the tutorial. If you prefer youtube then click this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSkbiChkyqQ

If you prefer Tumblr then this is the link for you
http://naileditnails.tumblr.com/post/11832960444/31-day-nail-art-challenge-day-4-green-nails

First I painted my nails white.



Then I took a nail art brush and dipped it in the same white paint and made 4 horizontal lines (or how many you can fit evenly on your nail) and 4 vertical lines (or how many you can fit evenly on your nail) like so.



Next I took a light green and made 3 random squares on each nail. I also made a few rectangles and L shapes.



After that I took my medium green and  did the same.



Next I took my darkest green (in my case turquoise) and did the same as the other 2 colors.



Finally I made my creeper faces with my black paint, top coated, and done.



The polishes I used were

Alpine Snow by O.P.I
Green by California Nails (from Dollar Tree)
In The Lime Light (Neon) by China Glaze
Turned Up Turquoise (Neon) by China Glaze
Black Onyx by O.P.I

Here's a pic!



And here's a pic of my whole hand.



So now you have seen my green challenge! Totally worth the effort because they look so cute. Who's with me on Notch adding baby creepers?

Tomorrow is blue day! The fun will never end with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment