Thursday, October 27, 2011

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 8 - Metallic Nails


I really enjoyed this design. I created it myself. I have literally have never heard of anyone else do a film reel style nail art design. And to go even further I have never heard of anyone try an "old style countdown before a movie starts" design either! I really out did myself here.


This design represents me because my boyfriend Dane is into making youtube videos for his channel. Check him out on youtube.com/randumbprod. They are sketch comedy type videos so if you are due for a little laugh then this is the channel to watch. He also wants to become a cinematographer and that actually inspired me to want to be a costume designer someday. So all in all, videos, film, and youtube is a big part of my life.

Moving right along I have for you, a little thing I would like to call a tutorial. If you prefer youtube
LINK COMING SOON

If you prefer Tumblr
http://naileditnails.tumblr.com/post/12013364436/31-day-nail-art-challenge-day-8-metallic-nails

Any decision you make please keep your arms and legs inside at all times and enjoy the tutorial.

First I painted my nails with a holographic silver paint. (The holographic part is not necessary).



Next I made 2 horizontal thin black likes at the top of my nail and 2 horizontal thin black likes at the bottom of my nail.



Then I made vertical even thin black lines inside the horizontal lines, making sure to keep the middle clear of black paint like so.



After that I made a thick horizontal line in the middle and made the edges a bit less harsh by curving the sides in like so.



To start on my thumb, I made a cross in the middle of my nail making sure to bring the edges of the cross to the edge of my nail.



Next I made a white line to the corner of my nail and filled it in. I don't think it matters what corner you pick.



After that I made 2 white circles around the center of my nail, like so.



Then I painted an 8 in black in the center, top coated, and done. You may do whatever number you want. I just did an 8 because its day 8 of the nail challenge.



Here are the colors I used

509 HD by Milani 3D Holographic
Black Onyx by O.P.I
Alpine Snow by O.P.I

Here are the tools I used.



And here is the finished product.



Although it was a lot of work, I still really enjoyed this creation. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Tomorrow is rainbow day! Guess what I have is store!

No comments:

Post a Comment