Friday, October 21, 2011

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 2 - Orange Nails


Introducing my orange nails! *Add applause here*

I had an idea to make my nails look like a sliced orange. I had my doubts on how they look. What do you think?



I decided to go for the orange slice look because I really like fruit. Most people like the scent of flowers but not me. I hate flowers. I prefer fruit. I have never come across a fruit I didn't like. Actually I take that back.

I was at a friend's house party a few years back and he was offering any beverage in his fridge at the time but strictly warned us about this white colored drink in a pitcher. He said it was a hawaiian fruit that was supposed to be healthy for you but it tasted awful. Being curious, I had to find out just how awful this stuff was. I took a sip and immediately regretted the action I just made. It tasted quite literally like vomit. I was almost positive someone in his family felt sick and went for the closest thing (the pitcher) they could find to stop them from making a huge throw uppy mess all over the floor then just hid the evidence in the fridge.

I'm not sure how this story pertains to this blog but I thought someone out there would get a kick out of it. Or maybe it was my duty to warn each and every person to stay far away from that fruit. Probably not the later because the name of the juice slips my mind. Probably a mechanism my brain does to forget the horrible memory.

Anyway, let's move on. If you prefer a video tutorial, here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZvcKmZIsGc

If you prefer reading on Tumblr, there here you are
http://naileditnails.tumblr.com/post/11748019322/31-day-nail-art-challenge-orange-nails

First I used a pastel yellow color I picked up from the beauty store to paint my nails.



Next I made a french tip with an orange color paint.



After that I made 3 raindrops on each of my nails with a nail art brush like so.



Finally I used a darker orange to make a smaller french tip across the top half of the orange strip, top coated, and done.



The polishes I used were

Lemon Fizz by China Glaze
Cloud 9 by Sinful Colors Professional
Evening Sun by Nina Ultra Pro

Here they are now.



And finally the design from afar.



So these are my orange slice inspired nails I designed myself.

What's next? A yellow design I created inspired by my favorite movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment